Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed… if you’re not raising your hand I’m calling bull. ?We’ve all had those moments where we simply can’t handle one more thing or we will fall apart.
Overwhelm is the worst. Isn’t it? But, what do we when we recognize it? Here are some tips to Calm Your Mind when you Feel Overwhelmed:
- Say words of affirmation out loud to move your mindset from overwhelm to peace. You must say them out loud for this tip to work!
- Make a list of what you MUST do, what you can delegate or simply not do.
- Clean up your physical space so you brain can rest.
- Make a list of everything that is going well.
- Take a quick fast walk around the block .
- Watch funny videos on YouTube.
- Turn on your favorite tunes and jam out.
- Take a 20 minute power nap.
- Take a hot or cold shower to relax.
Feeling overwhelmed happens to all of us. Using these tips to calm your mind will help you squash the overwhelm, rest, and refocus.
With Grace & Grit!
P.S don’t forget to save, pin, or print this list out. You will want to find it again quickly the next time overwhelm hits.
Before you go, here are 3 ways to stay in touch:
- Follow Raychel on her favorite social media platform, Instagram.
- Subscribe to theShe Who Overcomes Podcast on iTunesor wherever you listen to podcasts. Co-hosted by Raychel Perman and Mandy B. Anderson, She Who Overcomes is a weekly series of real-life stories and conversations that provides the listener with hope and action steps to transform your life, leadership, and career.
- Join the Tribe of Overcomers Facebook Groupfor weekly motivation and interaction!